Thursday 9 January 2014

Today's Review: Day Specific Underwear

Underwear is among the oddest of things that people deem ripe for personalisation. Cartoon characters adorn boxers and socks, just waiting for someone to point and laugh, creating an awkward situation that would wreck anyone's self esteem.

Perhaps the weirdest form of novelty underwear is the 7-day set. Each pair of pants or socks is labelled with a day of the week, and the very existence of these bothers me to no end. My son has a pack of pants like this, but this one only contained five pairs, which would imply that he should go commando at the weekend. But with these five pairs, and even with seven, it would only take one disregarded wash load to get completely out of sync. What if it's Thursday and I only have pairs Saturday to Wednesday available? People will look at him like he doesn't know which day of the week it is. Which is true, as he's only three years old, but that's not my point.

The point is that people won't look at him like that at all, because hopefully no one will be staring at his pants. So why bother putting the day of the week on there at all? If I ever wanted to know what day of the week it was, I wouldn't be lifting up my trouser leg or unzipping my fly to find out, because then I would be insane. We have enough ways to find out which day it is without consulting our underwear, so why do these packs exist? I can understand emblazoning our crotches with cartoon characters and the like, but to have the days of the week just makes no sense.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment