Saturday 30 August 2014

Today's Review: Jelly Babies Berry Mix



Jelly Babies are a British institution, and while if certainly love to love them, ive always found something a little bit off with them. It must be the chalky exterior, or the heavy jelly innards, but after a few I start to feel quite sick. Good for portion control I guess, but it always leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Now there's a pack of "berry" Jelly Babies, which is basically a collection of the more berry-like flavours. This cements my view that the darker colours are better, since the green and yellow babies have been cast out, and the spotlight has shifted to Brilliant, Big Heart and Baby, the names given to the anthropomorphic jellies that you are about to bite in half and devour. 

I'm all for packs of sweets that have the better flavours inside, and I certainly preferred this to a regular packet of Jelly Babies. The flavours are bold and fruity, but there's not much else going on here. Some new flavours would be nice, but it's the same old thing. Since I still feel sick after eating a few, this wasn't a particularly fantastic experience. In fact, it's decidedly average. It's probably great for die hard Jelly Baby fans though.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment