Tuesday 5 August 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Habanero Flavour Tortilla Chips


If there's one chip I like, it's a spicy chip. Doritos Chilli Heatwave are normally my go to tortilla chip for a burning tongue, but I'm always on the lookout for something that will set my tastebuds on fire even more. So upon spying these habanero flavoured chips in Tesco, I couldn't wait to give them a go, and with extra jalapeño flakes thrown in, I was hoping I'd be in for a very spicy time.

Unfortunately, my sense of taste remains intact. While these chips are certainly habanero flavoured, it seems like there's no authentic habanero actually mixed into the ingredients. These chips definitely have the distinct taste of the pepper, but it's not accompanied by that satisfying burning sensation. In fact, the flavour fades quite quickly, overwhelmed by the blandness of the chip. Still, I guess Tesco can't be bringing out chips that make people weep, so I appreciate them not loading their bags of chips with capsaicin. So while I'm not entirely impressed with the amount of heat I experienced, the flavour is pretty authentic, so these chips aren't all bad.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment