Tuesday 7 February 2017

Today's Review: New York Bakery Co. Cheese Bagels


I love bagels, despite their tendency to drop crumbs all over the kitchen side when I slice them, and the near constant supervision they require to be browned to a satisfactory level in the toaster. My toaster even has a bagel setting, and they still don't toast properly. Of all the bagels on the supermarket shelves, the New York ones are probably best. I'm pretty satisfied with just the plain variety, or the cinnamon and raisin if I'm feeling adventurous. Here's a new flavour though, a cheese bagel .It's a bagel, but with cheese. Also, it's topped with cheese.

A lot of people seem to be a fan of cheesy bread, but I can take it or leave it. There's always some browning of the topping going on that doesn't sit well with me, but I can tolerate it. Therefore, I wasn't expecting to like these too much, especially when I picked them up and could feel the greasiness through the bag. A healthy bagel this is not, but it's actually a pretty good cheesy bread. The grease does persist on the bagel itself, but it's mostly a surface issue, and the stuff inside is pretty good, the same good old bagel you'd normally get from the New York guys, with a nice hint of cheesiness that doesn't get too strong. The topping isn't perfect, a bit of browning, but it's tolerable, and all in all this is a pretty decent bagel. It's not up there with my favourite flavours, but I wouldn't mind having them again.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment