Friday 24 February 2017

Today's Review: Carters Root Beer


I've found myself intrigued by root beer several times over the last few years, and while it is an acquired taste it is one that's grown on me. Trouble is, it's fairly hard to come by without visiting an import shop, and then you'll end up paying a pretty penny for just one can. But a trip to Asda recently saw me walking away with this six pack of root beer for a mere £1.65. It's not one of the famous brand names, sure, but I had faith this would deliver an authentic experience.

This stuff has that distinct root beer taste that took me so long to get used to. It's something like antiseptic, almost like the stuff you wash your mouth out with at the dentist. It took a few sips to get used to it again, but once I got past those, I was pretty hooked. It's a very unique flavour, but one that's actually pretty refreshing. I think it helps that the drink itself doesn't have that slightly syrupy, gritty textures that a lot of sugar filled sodas do, it's just a thirst quenching drink that has a great taste. It's not for everyone, and I admit I still haven't gotten so used to it that I can count it among my very favourite drinks, but this is a good root beer for a very reasonable price. Good luck hunting it down.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment