Thursday 1 October 2015

Today's Review: Belvita Soft Bakes: Red Berries

I tried out the Golden Grain variety of these Belvita Breakfast Soft Bakes the other day, and while they certainly weren't bad, I felt they were slightly lacking. I was also sent this flavour to try out, which has some cranberries thrown in for good measure. Berries always make things better in my opinion, so I was expecting to enjoy these ones more.

The bake itself is pretty much the same, a chewy, cereal based biscuit that has a nice soft texture, although it still has those crunchy pieces strewn throughout. I was a little bit weirded out by the difference in texture at first, but after eating a few of these I think it has grown on me a little. I think I'd still prefer a uniform chewiness though. As with the Golden Grain, these bakes are a little dry by themselves, the lack of butter or golden syrup in the ingredients attests to this. But the key difference here is the berries, and they go some way to providing a nice bit of juiciness to alleviate the dryness. There are a lot of fruit pieces packed into these, and they give a lovely fruity flavour throughout. These Red Berries Soft Bakes may not be perfect, but I found them to be a lot better than the regular variety. Juicy, tasty and filling.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment