Wednesday 14 October 2015

Today's Review: Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns


I've been madly searching for days now, on the brink of breakdown in the frozen aisles, but I've finally managed to get my hand on a tub of Cinnamon Buns. For someone who used to abhor cinnamon, it's strange how much I've been craving this ice cream. But hey, I love cinnamon buns, and I love Ben & Jerry's, so this sounded like the perfect combination. It's also the third new flavour I've tried within the last week, so it looks like the ice cream gods are smiling upon us. This gorgeous sounding concoction consists of caramel ice cream with a cinnamon swirl, embedded with cinnamon bun dough chunks.

I don't know what else to say, this stuff is great. I was a little wary about the caramel ice cream, I thought it might be a bit too sickly on top of the cinnamon swirled in throughout, but it turns out it's a good call. It's definitely nowhere near as sweet as I thought, it's more like a slightly more sweet and velvety vanilla than a full on caramel, providing a nice bit of flavour that complements, rather than overwhelms, the main attraction. Speaking of which, the cinnamon is great. The swirls throughout are lovely sweet, gooey veins that give a nice amount of spicy warmth. The chunks of cinnamon dough are to die for, substantial in size, and packing a nice hit of spice. The texture is something like that of the classic Cookie Dough chunks, though they're definitely fuller and chewier, much more satisfying in my opinion. I can't fault this, it's another great offering from Ben & Jerry's, and hopefully one that's here to stay, it doesn't have seasonal packaging after all. This is an ice cream that will always be welcome in my freezer, if it even makes it that far.

My rating: 5/5

1 comment: