Tuesday 27 October 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Amaze Bites


Cadbury sure are churning out a lot of products lately, and a lot of them are departures away from their signature bars. These Amaze Bites certainly caught my eye, after all, who doesn't love little bite sized cakes, and brownie cakes at that? I was a little put off that they've based the name after a crass exclamation of approval that wore out its welcome well over a year ago, but hey, it's what's on the inside that counts, right? These come in double chocolate or chocolate orange varieties, I figured I'd go the classic route for the first try.

I've gotta say, these are pretty good. I may have hated a little on the Cadbury Sticky Puds  last week and said they should probably stick to the bars, but I think they should carry on with these. The cakes are deliciously chocolatey, and nice and thick like brownies should be. A little on the stodgy side, perhaps, but I'd rather my brownies be heavy than flaky. The chocolate coating on top is a nice touch, and adds a nice bit of creaminess, and a bit of a crumbly texture to the cake, which is great. I've got to say that these are pretty filling, I found it hard to stop myself eating them, and after about nine I was ready to pop. So yeah, these are pretty heavy cakes, but I guess they're built to last. Well worth picking up a tub of these.

My rating; 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I googled for these after trying them. Most people say they are revolting and rightly so. Taste like something you'd buy in the local newsagent by Happy Shopper. Keep saying I won't buy Cadburys any more but this is the final straw. Really salty and gross.

    ReplyDelete