Friday 16 October 2015

Today's Review: Butterkist Grim Green Popcorn


Halloween is just around the bend, so all the spooky themed snacks are starting to line the shelves. I haven't noticed too many new additions this year, but I did come across this Grim Green popcorn from Butterkist. Basically, it's just sweet popcorn with green colouring, which I was a little disappointed with at first, what about a new flavour? Then I realised a true Halloween themed flavour would probably be bogies or something, so I'll take the sweet.


Well, it certainly looks the part. Some pieces are definitely greener than others, but all in all it looks pretty good, even though from staring at that picture while I type this it does look like a load of tiny cabbages. As for the taste, it's a damn good sweet popcorn. It's has a satisfying crunch that masks a somewhat chewy interior, and a distinct lack of unpopped kernels that I've come to expect from Butterkist. The green coating does have something of a side effect I think, there seems to be a more crispy outer shell, which does give it a bit more crunchiness, but also ramps up the sweetness to just a little too much for my liking. It's certainly a good quality popcorn though, and it would certainly look good sitting on a table in amongst other Halloween style foods.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment