Monday 19 October 2015

Today's Review: Wham Super Sour Minis


Nestled amongst the Halloween treats I found this bag of assorted "super sour" Wham mini bars. I guess it's somewhat Halloweeny, a lot of companies tend to bring out sour versions of their sweets to fit in with the "trick or treat" theme. Not that these are particularly Halloween branded, but hey, they were worth a try. These come in three flavours: Original, apple and blue raspberry.

I'm gonna say right off the bat that these are certainly not "super sour". Sour, sure, but not egregiously so, and as such I was somewhat disappointed. I know I should expect a dampened down sour experience by now, but a man can dream, can't he? The original Whams are as tasty as ever, there is a nice tingle in there, but not really enough. It's still a nice juicy, flavoursome chew, but as a sour sweet go it's pretty standard. The apple ones are definitely worse, a quite sickly, almost acidic tasting flavour that really isn't helped by the sourness. The blue raspberry ones are the best, a nice bold, fruity flavour that actually has a sour edge to it, and one that actually enhances the flavour. Unfortunately there were only a few in the pack, and the majority was taken up by the disappointing apple ones. So all in all, this was a pretty average bag. It may half contain some decent mini Wham bars, but they're definitely not super sour. I think I'll be looking for my sour fix elsewhere, and sticking with the regular Whams from now on.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment