Tuesday 6 October 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Screme Egg Biscuits


The Screme Egg is an odd, pun-based way to make Creme Eggs relevant for more than one holiday per year. The eggs themselves are alright, although the green colour of the yolk initially did some trickery to my brain. But now you can get Screme Eggs in biscuit form. I imagined these would be exactly the same as the Creme Egg biscuits I reviewed last year, but I figured I'd give them a go anyway, especially as I enjoyed the other ones so much.

I don't know if I was over-exaggerating last time, or if these biscuits have had a downgrade in the flavour department, but I wasn't too impressed with these. They're pretty sickly, and the fondant certainly didn't seem the right consistency to be deserving of the Screme Egg name, it was very sweet and slightly gritty. Before I praised the balance between biscuit and filling, but that seems a bit off here as well. There doesn't seem to be enough chocolate, and although what's there is pretty good, it wasn't enough to offset the fondant flavour. The biscuit is a nice touch as always, but the filling distracted from its chocolatey crunchiness. I mean, the insides aren't too bad, they're still quite smooth and certainly sweet, but I feel they've been taken to extremes, and that all adds up to a decidedly average biscuit. I'll wait until Easter to see if the Creme Egg biscuits have suffered the same fate, or to see if my opinions have changed again...

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment