Thursday 29 October 2015

Today's Review: Lucozade Cola


My eyes were immediately drawn to this fetching black bottle when I was in B&M earlier. A black Lucozade? What could it be? Well, turns out it's cola, and that seemed like a weird choice for me. Most Lucozade flavours are fruit based, but I commend them for trying something different. Besides, if cola is done right, it's pretty tasty. 

This is an odd one. The first thing I noticed is that it's very sweet. it definitely has a cola taste to it, but it also seems a little bit fruity. It's certainly not a bad flavour, but I did notice that this variety felt quite flat compared to a lot of the other flavours. There's a bit of a fizz to it, but it's more syrupy than anything. The cola flavour combined with the glucose base of the drink did have a bit of a kick, but overall it's not fantastic. It's drinkable, sure, but there are a lot better flavours out there. This is a nice effort from Lucozade, but it falls a little flat.

My rating: 3/5


1 comment:

  1. Lucozade Original and cola are the only flavours I will drink... Cola reminds me of frozen tub/cup lollies from my childhood. . Awesome.

    ReplyDelete