Saturday 12 April 2014

Today's Review: Bin Bags


Once upon a time, people threw their rubbish on the floor. Probably. I mean, cavemen most likely didn't have much rubbish after they'd skinned the sabre tooth tiger for a coat, eaten the meat and used the bones to make xylophones or necklaces or something. I don't know, I'm clearly not a historian. But at some point in history, there was enough rubbish being chucked around that it necessitated some form of receptacle to keep it all in one place. Thus, the bin was born. This was in itself quite an invention, but there were probably enough receptacles lying around by then that it was merely a case of putting two and two together. Perhaps the Romans just used one of their spare ornate urns to throw away their soiled togas (again, I am far from a historian). 

But, at another point in history, another invention was needed. Humans were becoming more wasteful, and the things we were trowing away were becoming sticky and gross. Who wants to wash out a bin all the time? I know I don't, and that's why I'm thankful for bin bags. Quite simply, they're bags you put in your bin, which you can then fill up with rubbish, and then remove and throw away, thus sparing you from scraping any ickiness out of your favourite trash receptacle. Every day I am thankful to the bin bag for not making me have to properly deal with my disgusting rubbish, and I'm sure when someone first used one it was like a revolution. Nowadays, bin bags are one of those staple grocery items, right up there with bread and milk, and it's not hard to see why. We all need bins, so we all need bin bags, because bin bags are awesome.

My rating: 5/5

1 comment: