Friday 18 April 2014

Today's Review: Haribo Flower Power


I was pretty excited about finding these Haribo on holiday, as they looked to be very similar to Pico Balla, a Haribo variety that I found a few times in the UK years back, but never again since. Indeed, they are very similar, and in either case they are pieces of fruit flavoured liquorice filled with a soft, creamy fondant centre. The Pico Balla had different coloured fondant, while these settles for just white, but in a neat flowery pattern. 

It's pretty much pieces of cross sectioned liquorice pencils, in a nice array of colours, but these taste awesome. I may not be a fan of liquorice, but when it's flavoured and has fondant inside I can't help myself. Each one of these little flowers is sweet and fruity, chewy and soft. I wish I'd have picked up a few more bags of these, as it'll probably be a while before I find another variety like it. Pico Balla were one of my favourite Haribo varieties, and now Flower Power have joined the ranks too.

My rating: 5/5



1 comment: