Monday 11 May 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Cola Mini Rolls


I'm not too much of a cake bar person, but I can't deny a classic Mini Roll. But Cadbury are even getting fancy with those now, as evidenced by this cola flavour. There's also a banana variety out, but I figured I'd enjoy this more, even though neither sounded particularly delicious...

If you've had a Mini Roll before you'll know what to expect. Flaky Cadbury chocolate on the outside, which is nice and creamy, if a little thin. The sponge inside is as good as ever too, a nice moist chocolate that wraps around a generous creamy filling. But that's where this falls a bit short. There seems to be a lot more filling than your regular Mini Roll, and the cola flavour is somewhat sickly. It's not bad tasting, in fact it does have a nice fizz to it, it's just that there's a little too much for my liking and it tends to cancel out all the other elements. It may have been a good idea on paper, and it isn't a bad effort, but this flavour just isn't for me. Maybe I'll brave the banana next...

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment