Monday 18 May 2015

Today's Review: Pimm's Cider Cup


I picked up this bottle of Pimm's Cider a couple of weeks back, and I haven't reviewed it 'til now because I can't say it made a particularly lasting impression on me. It's a mixture of cider and Pimm's, flavoured with strawberry and cucumber. Sounds good on paper, but in reality, something just didn't click. All the elements were alright, the Pimm's is definitely a distinct flavour you can pick up, and there are some nice fruity tones throughout. The cider isn't all that great, but it works pretty well with the strawberry. I think perhaps the problem is that all the elements are working to grab your attention, and when they all come together it's just a little too busy. I'd rather have a singular fruity cider than one packed with Pimm's and cucumber. I don't know, maybe I'm just not as big a Pimm's fan as everyone else, but this drink left me a little underwhelmed. It's drinkable, sure, but it's not great.

My rating: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment