Tuesday 12 May 2015

Today's Review: Jammie Dodgers Apricot Jammie Bakes


Everyone's trying to make their biscuits more fancy nowadays, and it appears even the classic Jammie Dodger isn't safe. Forget those iconic jammy ring biscuits, now they're going a bit more gourmet with these Jammie Bakes, soft baked biscuits with a jammy filling, available in raspberry and apricot flavours. I went with the apricot, because I was feeling a bit fancy.

I must admit, I wasn't expecting much from these after the Maryland soft baked cookies, but I was quite pleasantly surprised. These do look pretty soft baked, but the outside has quite a satisfying crunch to it, starting you off with a great texture before melting away into the jammy interior. The biscuit is quite thin in the middle, making way for a healthy helping of jam filling that is very flavoursome and sweet. It's pretty much like eating a jam tart that's been infused with a cookie, you get the best of both worlds, a crunchy, fruity experience. These biscuits are great, and I'll definitely be picking up the raspberry flavour when I next come across them.

My rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these yet but I thought the Raspberry version was a bit to sweet. They burnt my throat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I'll approach those with caution then. No burning throat from these though, they went down as smooth as... an apricot?

      Delete