Saturday 16 May 2015

Today's Review: Rosemary & Olive Oil Pringles


This is an interesting Pringles tube I picked up in Home Bargains recently. A very aromatic choice in the form of rosemary and olive oil. I was a bit dubious, since it didn't contain any meat, cheese or chilli flavours, but I was willing to give them a go. Turns out they're not all that bad. I mean, they're not great, but they're certainly edible. There's a definite, flavoursome olive oil base, and while it does make the chips taste a little greasy, it's a pretty authentic flavour. The rosemary adds a nice little kick, but there's perhaps a little too much here, making them a bit more aromatic than I was hoping for. In the end though, I think it comes down to lack of substance. The flavours that are on the tube are in there, sure enough, but I'm a man who likes some spice or meatiness to his crisps, and these didn't quite cut it. They're not bad, but they are a bit bland.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment