Friday 21 August 2015

Today's Review: Blueberry & Raspberry Oreos


I am often lamenting the lack of Oreo varieties in the UK, but I was unaware as to just how many I was missing out on until a recent trip to Chinatown. Popping into one corner store, I was greeted with a variety of fruit flavoured Oreos which I had no idea even existed. There were a few to choose from, but I opted for this raspberry and blueberry combo, just to see if it was worth going back for the other flavours.

I can't say I'm a fan of these. The cream inside is quite odd, a very sickly sweet filling that certainly tastes a lot like other Asian fruity sweets. It has slight hints of the fruit it's supposed to taste like, but is very over the top. Much like the American "grape" flavour it's a taste all of its own. The actual Oreo cookies are as good as ever, a dark, chocolatey crunchy biscuit. But combined with the sweetness of the filling it's too much of a weird juxtaposition. The flavours are trying to fight against each other too much, and even with the overly sweet filling the bitterness of the cookie really comes through, and it's really not that nice an experience. I think I'll steer clear of the fruity Oreos in future. I should just be thankful we have the good old fashioned cream filling over here.

My rating: 1/5

2 comments:

  1. Chinatown is a good place to find different types of Oreos. I've tried the blueberry & raspberry Oreos before and they're all right, but I do prefer original Oreos. I agree that the fruit flavour doesn't really go well with the biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely disagree. They're delicious in my opinion, one of the best Oreo combinations I tasted. I really recommend them.

    ReplyDelete