Monday 10 August 2015

Today's Review: Reese's Sticks Minis


I reviewed Reese's Sticks at the beginning of last year, and found them to be a little lacking in filling, focusing more on a slightly dry wafer element. However, it seemed I had forgotten my slight disappointment when I picked up a bag of these Mini Reese's Sticks yesterday at B&M. But hey, more Reese's is never a bad thing, so I was certainly willing to shovel these into my face.

I must say I quite enjoyed these. Sure, their unwrapped nature combined with a hot summer's day meant they didn't quite last the journey home without slightly melting, but a little while in the fridge certainly sorted that out. I think it's because of their mini nature that the balances of the ingredients seems a lot better. There doesn't seem to be much of a concentration on the wafer, and there's certainly more chocolate per stick, which really helps to add some creaminess. The peanut butter is perhaps a little lacking, but it definitely noticeable and adds a great kick of creamy peanut butter flavour. These still aren't the best Reese's product going, but they're pretty good. If you're going to try Reese's Sticks, go for the Minis rather than the full size.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment