Friday 7 August 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations: Rocky Mallow Road


I've been on the lookout for this bar for a while, and finally found a smaller sized one in my local Co-Op. This is the latest addition to the Marvellous Creations range, which has introduced some very interesting chocolate bars over the last couple of years. Not all great ones, but definitely all interesting. This one seems to be going a more traditional route, with a rocky road theme. It consists of good old Dairy Milk chocolate filled with marshmallow, strawberry jelly and shortcake pieces. 

It doesn't sound particularly adventurous, sure, but the Cookie Nut Crunch bar wasn't that out there either, and that's one of my favourite Marvellous Creations. This one though, isn't all that fantastic. The marshmallow adds a nice soft chewiness throughout, and while the biscuit is nice and crunchy, there didn't seem to be enough of it to really be noticeable the whole way through. The jelly pieces are certainly the most flavoursome element, but they were a little too much, overwhelming the rest of the bar and leaving an overly fruity taste at the end. Altogether, it's certainly not an inedible bar, but it's not all that well balanced, so it's pretty average in my books. Perhaps if they'd added a few more interesting ingredients I would have felt differently, but I think I'll stick to the other bars in the range in future.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. I'm still looking for this one, although it really doesn't sound that great.

    ReplyDelete