Wednesday 19 August 2015

Today's Review: Pretzel M&Ms


Everyone is jumping onto the American sweet bandwagon recently, and I love it. A trip to B&M last week rewarded me with this enormous bag of Pretzel M&Ms for the low low price of £2.99. The same bag at Cyber Candy would probably set you back about £7, so I didn't hesitate putting this in my basket. I'm sure I've tried these before, but I apparently didn't post a review of them, so now is the time to put my thoughts into writing.

These suckers are pretty big. They're probably somewhere between peanut M&Ms and the Mega M&Ms I reviewed a little while ago. I'm not sure why they need to be that big, they only need to fit pretzel pieces inside, but there you go. The chocolate coating and shell are as good as always, a nice crispy, sweet outer layer that gives way to the goodies below. The pretzel is an almost foreboding presence in these, it's certainly a decent chunk of pretzel, crunchy and salty and packing quite a bit of flavour. But the sheer volume of it works against the M&Ms here. The pretzel is quite dry, and there's not quite enough chocolate to offset that. It would probably work better if the innards were smaller, but as they stand they just left me feeling... thirsty. These are pretty good candies, but pretty average M&Ms.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment