Wednesday 28 September 2016

Today's Review: Ben & Jerry's One Sweet World


With the recent release of the sofa themed flavours, I thought it would be a while before we saw some more from Ben & Jerry. But lo and behold, three more flavours have popped up since. There's One Love, Empower Mint and this one, which was particularly intriguing to me. It's a coffee caramel ice cream, the first time I've seen coffee in a tub of Ben & Jerry's. Not only that, but there are marshmallow and salted caramel swirls, and chocolate chunks. They sure have crammed a lot into here.

Let's start with the ice cream. It's good, and has a nice, milky coffee flavour, with a nice hint of sweetness that's provided by the caramel. The coffee isn't too strong, which is nice, it allows all the other flavours to come through. The salted caramel swirl is gorgeous, thick and flavoursome, and really adds a nice kick when you come across it. The only thing I would say is that the marshmallow is a bit muted in comparison, I can't say I detected it much while getting through this, while the salted caramel was instantly obvious. It's all topped off with some fantastic chocolate chunks, in the shape of ampersands. They're sizeable, with a satisfying crunch, and it's some good quality chocolate. I have to say I found it pretty hard to stop eating this, although I did in the end, through incredible self control. There's a lot of great stuff in here, and while it's not perfectly balanced, this is a great tub of ice cream, one for the coffee lovers, but there's really something here for everyone.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment