Friday 23 September 2016

Today's Review: 7 Up Mojito


I've been after this one for a while, although I'm not entirely sure why, I don't like mint all that much. I'll put it down to curiosity, and the fact that a phone box advert taunted me with it for a good couple of months. This is basically a 7 Up with added mint, and that makes a mojito. Sadly there's a distinct lack of rum, but I guess we can't have everything.

I tried to like this, I wanted to in a way, but the truth is I just don't. The lemon and lime are there, but they're pretty heavily overshadowed by the mint. It comes in quite quickly and provides an unsettling aftertaste. There's a certain freshness to the mint, sure, but it doesn't really work well with the lemonade. Every time I went back for a sip, I found myself thinking it wasn't too bad, but since I was nursing the bottle for about an hour I'll have to conclude it's really not my thing. Maybe if it had the rum in it I'd understand taking a while to drink it, but as it is I'm not a fan of the minty lemon and lime.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment