Friday 16 September 2016

Today's Review: Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles Infusions


When I spied this bag earlier, I was sure I'd reviewed them, but on closer inspection I had an inkling that in fact I hadn't. Turns out Rowntrees released Fruit Pastilles Froosions a couple of years ago, and the names are pretty similar. They both have sort of the same premise of dual flavoured sweets, but these Infusions take a posher approach. They come in apple & elderflower, orange & grapefruit and raspberry & pomegranate flavours. 

These aren't bad, but after devouring quite a few of them, I can't say that I was particularly blown away. It's hard to say why, all the elements are there, the fruity base flavours with an interesting edge to them. The elderflower has a slight aromatic taste, and the grapefruit and pomegranate present themselves nicely. I guess the problem is that the flavours don't really pop. I was expecting something bold and juicy, but what I got was a bit subdued. Perhaps there's a little too much of the secondary flavours, and both elements were fighting for my attention. They do complement each other well to a degree, but there's something stopping these from tasting amazing. Still good though, and a nice posh twist on the classic Fruit Pastilles.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment