Saturday 17 September 2016

Today's Review: Chicago Rib Shack Peanut Butter & Jelly Shake


I found myself in Westfield today, and en route to a toilet I found my eyes drawn to a particularly good looking burger being served out of the Chicago Rib Shack. Now, I'd already eaten dinner, but I figured I'd peruse the menu for a potential future visit. That's when I saw the selection of shakes, and among them a peanut butter & jelly. Now, I've had peanut butter shakes before, but never with the jelly thrown in, so a shake for dessert it was.

This is a peanut butter shake, no doubt. It's an intense flavour, coupled with a thick, creamy texture. It feels like drinking peanut butter, but in a far more acceptable form than drinking it from the jar. As far as the jelly side goes, I can't say I detected it a whole lot while drinking, the focus is definitely on the peanut butter. But there was something of an undertone to it, and in the aftertaste the nuts faded and some fruitiness shone through. Still, it's not as properly represented as I feel it should have been, the balance could have been better. This is a good shake though, quite unique in its premise, even if the execution is a little flat. You can also get a Fat Elvis, which is PB&J with a shot of bourbon, so I feel a return visit is in order to have one of them alongside a burger or some ribs.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment