Tuesday 20 September 2016

Today's Review: Joe & Seph's Crisp Gin & Tonic Popcorn


Two alcohol themed snacks in two days, it's a wonder I'm not sprawled out on the floor. I found some Joe & Seph's popcorn at a reduced price in a Hawkin's Bazaar the other day, more reasonably priced than normal, so I figured I'd take the plunge, even though gin & tonic isn't exactly my tipple of choice.

This is another alcohol flavoured product that doesn't overdo it on the alcohol, and for that I'm glad. There is a definite hint of gin, but it's nice and clean, and not too pronounced. The tonic is good too, presented in a nice crisp edge in the flavour. Aside from the gin & tonic though, there's also some butter thrown in there, and it does overwhelm the other elements a bit. It's not as if the butter is bad, but mixed with the alcohol flavour it's not particularly great. There's probably a reason you don't get butter in your cocktails after all. This is a good quality popcorn, and the gin is nicely implemented throughout, it's just the balance of flavours is a bit off, so this isn't quite the popcorn for me. If you're intrigued by the idea though, by all means try it out.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment