Monday 11 December 2017

Today's Review: Hoola Hooch


The snow's been coming down thick and fast, so what better time to review this tropical themed alco-pop? This has probably been out for a while, but it was something I picked up while I was trying to find something new in the corner shop. I remember Hooch causing a lot of controversy when it first hit the shelves, but now everyone's doing it, so I guess they needed to make a new flavour to step up their game. So enter Hoola Hooch, a mango and passion fruit alcoholic drink. I'm all about the mango and passion fruit, and this has the added bonus of getting you drunk (well, ever so slightly sozzled. If you drink the entire bottle.)

Yes, it's not particularly strong stuff, and yes, it's a little on the sickly side, but on the whole, this is a nice sweet beverage with a great fruity flavour. The alcohol is barely noticeable, and it's pretty refreshing, so it's a lot more palatable than swigging vodka from a bottle. If I were still in the alco-pop game, I'd definitely be stocking up on these in time for Christmas. For those who are partial to a bit of WKD, give this a whirl. It's good stuff.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment