Tuesday 5 December 2017

Today's Review: Ooola Secrets Chocolate And Raspberry Mousse


Ooola la. We all like a fancy mousse, right? I'm not exactly sure how to pronounce this one, am I meant to spend a set amount of seconds saying each "o"? Anyway, this is a set of three fancy little mousses, containing chocolate and raspberry, with a smattering of chocolate chips. I was thinking the chocolate chips were the secret, despite them being clearly advertised. But it turns out the entirety of the mousses themselves are the secret, if you wish them to be. You see, you could share them, or keep them secret. At a price of £2.40 for three small pots, you're damn right I'll keep them all to myself (I got these at half price). 

It wouldn't be hard to keep these secret, they're tiny. But, as is my motto, it's not the size, it's what you do with it that counts. Crammed in each pot is a decent portion of raspberry, 21% in fact. Swirled in with the chocolate mousse, it's fairly good, although I wouldn't say the mousse is the best. It's a little dark, and the tartness of the raspberries takes over a bit. The mousse and puree combination gives it a bit of an odd texture too. Slight problems on their own, but all mixed together it gives a bit of a messy experience overall. The chocolate chips are good, a little bit of crunch in an otherwise smooth mousse, so these are good for a little indulgent treat. Don't think I'll be paying full price for them though.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment