Tuesday 12 December 2017

Today's Review: Magnum Salted Caramel


I have no idea how long these have been out, but I'm sure I've never seen salted caramel Magnums around before. No big bold "NEW" on the packaging though, so I almost skipped over these. Apparently salted caramel Magnums have been around for a while, but with caramel swirls in vanilla ice cream, while this has a salted caramel flavour ice cream. Whatever the differences, the title alone was enough for me to grab a box.

It's not as elaborate as the Double Magnums that have come out recently, but this is a very decent go at a salted caramel flavour. The ice cream is smooth and uniformly flavoured, a sweet caramel with a definite salty hint, more salted than a lot of products I see carrying the name. The chocolate coating is as good as always, and the two elements work nicely together, the saltiness helps to bring out all the flavours. The caramel could have been a little stronger I suppose, an extra caramel swirl wouldn't have gone amiss, but this is a very good addition to the already massive Magnum range.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment