Saturday 13 July 2013

Today's Review: Table Fans

When the heat is on, it's time to bust out the fans. Fans come in various shapes and sizes, from free standing, to ceiling, but since I'm on a budget most of the time, I've only ever really been able to afford the little oscillating table fans.

It's extremely satisfying, after navigating a hot and humid outside world, to plonk yourself down in front of one of these bad boys and let the cool air blow through your hair, and probably waft your body odour around the room. But, after a while, these tiny fans don't really cut it anymore. If there's more than one person who wants to be cooled, there will obviously be arguments about who get to shove their face as close to the blades as possible (that's why they all have guards on, I'm sure). This is because these fans are only truly satisfying at close range. Mine is sitting by the TV at the moment, turning itself around to provide cool air to the entire room, but all I get is a weak little breeze on the side of my leg to let me know it's actually still working.

But table fans aren't all bad, I suppose. They do provide some relief from hot weather, and save me from completely melting into the sofa. It's just there are so many other options out there, all the way up to the holy grail, air conditioning. But, for a cheap solution, table fans try their best. It's just that their best isn't that great.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment