Sunday 28 July 2013

Today's Review: Mr. Kipling Strawberry Fancies


These were brought out some times ago, most likely in preparation for Wimbledon. They are strawberry flavoured fancies, as opposed to your regular french fancies. I always thought the pink ones in the original packets were strawberry, but apparently my tastebuds were deceiving me, and they were actually just vanilla flavoured fondant with pink icing.

Well, it's the same with these, except the actual sponge cake is strawberry flavoured. It really gives a nice flavoursome kick to the whole affair. While the generic sponge is easily the worst part of a standard french fancy, adding a bit of flavour lifts it up almost on par with the fondant. Almost. Perhaps the best thing is that the strawberry sponge doesn't overwhelm the rest of the cake. It all kind of melts together for a smooth, creamy, vanilla strawberry taste. I definitely fancy some more of these. See what I did there?

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment