Saturday 19 January 2019

Today’s Review: McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Nibbles


The share bag craze continues, McVitie’s are getting in on it with this bite size version of Jaffa Cakes.  I always thought a box of the originals was already well tailored for sharing, but hey, here we are. I guess it’s slightly more acceptable to eat through this bag than a box of the cakes, but do these provide the same experience?

In a word, no. These aren’t great. The chocolate coating is probably the nicest bit, dark but smooth and creamy. That doesn’t count for much though as the rest is bad. The sponge is hard and flavourless, and the orange filling isn’t nearly as generous as it is in the picture. A disappointingly small amount of orange in the middle of what basically amounts to a stale Jaffa Cake. Don’t pick these up, they’re not worthy of the great Jaffa scales name.

My rating: 1/5

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree, the picture on the packet showing a gooey orange centre is nothing like the reality, which turns out to a dry, congealed & tasteless disappointment! I will not purchase these again, how they passed McVities quality control and taste tests is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete