Saturday 29 September 2012

Today's Review: Mars Caramel


I love Mars bars. That nice thick chocolate layer, disguising a smooth smattering of caramel and a satisfyingly chunky block of nougat, it all makes for a great chocolate bar. So what can you do to top it for a limited edition? White chocolate? Stick some nuts in there? Take away the best part?

Yes, the limited edition Mars Caramel promises all the goodness of a Mars bar, as long as you only want the chocolate and caramel. I was a bit perplexed by the name at first, because Mars bars already contain caramel, but it all became clear as I tucked in. This bar is far skinnier than the regular, and the caramel is harder, chewier. Sure, it's okay, but without that big chunk of nougat it just felt empty. It's like they had a bad batch go through the machine and decided to sell it anyway. I think I'll be sticking with the old fashioned variety, thank you very much.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment