Tuesday 4 September 2012

Today's Review: Superglue

Ah, superglue. For when glue is just not enough. For when you need to repair a plastic toy rather than just stick glitter to paper (I have kids, they're not like my weird pastimes or anything). I've bought a few tubes of superglue over the years. You know why? Because most of the time it doesn't work well.

Take the aforementioned toys. We've glued one broken plastic piece back together twice now, and it's again sitting in a pot on top of the fridge, snapped in the same place. The glue may keep it together when it's suspended in zero gravity, but once the kids get hold of it again it's only a matter of time before it buckles and breaks again. I don't think we've managed to successfully keep something repaired after superglue has been applied.

I'll give it some credit though, superglue is good for some things. Like sticking your fingers together. It manages to do that without fail every time I use it. Also I got a dollop on my trousers once and that drop is never coming off. So well done, superglue. You stick to what I don't want you to and barely work on things I want fixed. What a great invention.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment