Saturday 16 March 2013

Today's Review: The Boiler Randomly Warming Up

While it's still cold, we are actually done with winter, which means only one thing: clawing back the massive amounts I've spent on central heating over the last few months. By leaving my heating off for the remainder of the year, I can normally get my monthly bill lowered by the time the next statement comes through, which is a nice surprise. But now that the boiler is mostly off, I get wary every time I hear it start to whirr, because it means something is not quite right.

Perhaps the thermostat has been knocked a little. More likely one of the hot taps has been left on ever so slightly. Either way, that's gas being burned without my express permission, so of course I have to hunt through the house, looking at all the taps, trying to figure out what's causing the boiler to kick in. I guess it's okay for me because I live in a flat, but I can only imagine how long it would take to find the source in a mansion or something. Not that they'd care too much about losing a bit of gas, but you get my point. When the boiler randomly warms up, it's worrying, and annoying, and obviously more expensive than it should have been. If only I could get some of those automatic taps in this place, it would all be fine.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment