Tuesday 5 March 2013

Today's Review: Hartley's No Added Sugar Strawberry Jelly



The worst thing about being on a low carb diet is my inability to eat sweet things. Chocolate, biscuits, all out. But thankfully there are a few foody crusaders out there who have delivered some low carb sweet treats for me to enjoy, one of which is this jelly.

Well, "enjoy" may be too strong a word. Sure, it's a nice sweet treat, but there's that unmistakeable "diet" flavour to it, a different kind of sweet that feels a bit off. On top of that, the texture is a lot different to your regular jelly. It's a lot more rigid, and doesn't really flop around like jelly should. It makes it easier to eat I suppose, but still, it's a bit strange. But even so, it does taste like strawberry jelly, and provides me with a taste of something sweet in a diet devoid of such things, so it's not all that bad.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment: