Tuesday 7 May 2013

Today's Review: Ginger Beer

Not often, but sometimes, I am partial to a bit of ginger. The gingerbread man is a good form for ginger to take, as it may be slightly spicy, but the edge is taken off the unpleasantness by the sugar and the gumdrop buttons. Yes, I don't like the taste of ginger, but I still want to eat it, and that's weird. What's even more weird are the times I crave ginger beer.

It's basically fizzy water that tastes like burning. A gingery, fiery, carbonated drink. On paper that sounds disgusting, and while I'm drinking it it tastes pretty bad too. But something keeps drawing me back, and I don't know what it is. There's a half full bottle in my fridge, and while I've given up on every glass halfway through I still kinda want some now that I'm thinking about it. I don't understand. I guess my body thinks it's nice even though most of my senses disagree. Ginger beer is an odd drink indeed.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment