Thursday 2 May 2013

Today's Review: Tesco Blue Spark Energy Drink




For those of us who can't quite afford the sub-£1 Tesco brand Kx energy drink, they've presented a cheaper option, in the form of Blue Spark. It's like the White Lightning of energy drinks.

Clocking in at a mere 35p, Blue Spark promises a "fruit flavour" that is not specified in any way whatsoever. Well, having tried it, I can tell you that the flavour is in fact not specific at all. If I had to name a fruit, I'd say blueberry, but I may have been swayed by the name. At any rate, if it is blueberry flavoured, those blueberries have been introduced to many interesting chemicals, because that's the overpowering taste here. Sure, every energy drink tastes a little like that, but this is worse, and, while refreshing at first, left me with a somewhat dry taste in the mouth. I didn't even feel any kind of energy boost after drinking it, so overall I'm pretty disappointed. I guess I'll have to spring for the extra 34p for the good stuff.

My rating: 1/5

7 comments:

  1. Times have changed and I think this drink needs to be reviewed again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Likewise - just picked up 6 cans for £1.50 - tastes pretty much like any other of these "fruit" energy drinks IMO. And at that price seems great value.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drink these all the time and yes they taste like shit but dont all the energy drinks out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. blue dog food reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have created this prodject in college . They jyst copied my idea

    ReplyDelete