Thursday 23 May 2013

Today's Review: Tesco Austrian Smoked Processed Cheese

While on the hunt for meats and cheese I can legitimately snack on, I stumbled upon this little sausage of cheese. I may still be judged for casually chomping on it, but less so than with a full block of cheddar, so I went for it.

One of the main draws of this cheese is the fact that it's smoked, because everything is better smoked. Although it was probably smoked in the most artificial way possible, it still manages to have a very distinct flavour. The cheese is also very processed, and while it leaves it quite unnatural texture wise, it does give it a certain creamy texture that works very well with the smokiness. This may not be one of my all time favourite cheeses, but it's certainly a good fit for when I'm feeling a bit peckish.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment