Monday 21 July 2014

Today's Review: Green Soda Fanta


Fanta comes in all kinds of wonderful colours. But did you know it comes in green? I didn't. until I came across this can at my local Asian mini market. I'm not exactly sure what it's meant to be though. The picture next to the logo contains an orange, a pineapple and a banana. Does that mean it's some kind of tropical flavour? Well, apparently not, because it's translated as "Green Soda" flavour. I'm not exactly sure what green soda is meant to be, but upon pouring out the can I realised it probably just means nuclear waste:


Yeah, this stuff sure is green. It's quite an achievement that the hue of the can perfectly matches that of the fluid, although it's horrifying at the same time. It certainly doesn't have the colour that the combination of fruits on the can would make, and it definitely doesn't smell that way. My research from scanning the first page of Google results informs me it's similar to a herb based drink that's found around Thailand, but the best description I can think of from trying it is a sort of bubblegum flavoured cream soda. It's not completely disgusting, but it's certainly not a good representative of the otherwise delicious Fanta brand. It's sugary, saccharine and, quite frankly, off-putting, but it's bearable enough for the first few gulps. I wouldn't really recommend it though.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment