Tuesday 15 July 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Chocolate Coffee Bean Trail Mix


I've been pretty fond of the trail mixes I've tried in the past, and now Tesco have brought out their own varieties. There's the usual collection of oats, nuts and chocolate, but this bag caught my eye with the promise of chocolate covered coffee beans. Now, I certainly take my coffee black, but I never thought I'd be chowing down on raw beans. Still, I imagined the chocolate would take the edge off, and I'm never one to turn down a new experience.

The rest of the bag consists of oat clusters, peanuts, walnuts and almonds, and they are all very nice. Unfortunately, that's all there is, and the result is quite a dry mix. This is where the coffee beans actually throw in a nice bit of flavour. The chocolate adds a little bit of moisture as it melts, and the beans underneath aren't nearly as bitter as I expected. Paired with the dark chocolate, these pieces are very flavoursome and certainly give a nice kick of energy. Unfortunately, it's not quite enough to compensate for the rest of the bag being quite dry. A smattering of raisins would probably have made the difference, but as it stands, this bag is okay. I guess I'll have to try out the other varieties.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment