Sunday 13 July 2014

Today's Review: McVitie's Dessert Inspirations: Chocolate Fudge Cake Bar


I stumbled upon this interesting little cake bar during one of the several family buffets I've taken part in over the weekend. It did say "new" on the packaging, but I doubt it's only just come out. Still, I don't normally pick up cake bars, so it was new to me.

This Dessert Inspirations bar appears to be part of a line of classic desserts converted into rectangular form. Now, I'm certainly a fan of chocolate fudge cake, so I couldn't pass this one up. For the most part, it actually emulates the experience pretty well. The sponge that makes up the bulk of the bar is very chocolatey indeed, if a little dry. Thankfully there's a generous layer of chocolate fudge sauce on top that's very tasty and creamy, and the whole lot is wrapped up in nice, flaky milk chocolate. It's certainly not as good as the authentic chocolate fudge cake experience, but for a cake bar it's very nice.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment