Tuesday 26 January 2016

Today's Review: Monster Energy Ultra Sunrise


Whaddya know, a few days after I lament my inability to find the orange Ultra Monster, I find all three of them in Asda. First I had the truly divine regular white Ultra, then I had the truly red-tasting Ultra Red, so I was longing to try out this citrus variety. It's called Sunrise, because buzz words are cool, but the can is orange, so I just assumed it was orange flavour.

Would you believe it, I was right. There's a definite orange flavour to this drink, and it's pretty nice and bold. There are some hints of other citrus stuff in there, but since there's not much natural stuff in there it's hard to tell exactly what they were going for. They have put "lemon fruit" in the ingredients, and I suppose there is a certain tartness throughout that has a lemon air to it, but it's easy to confuse it with that slight bitterness you sometimes get with sugar free fruit drinks. The fruit flavours are nice while drinking, but after every mouthful I was met with that token low calorie sweetener after taste. It doesn't make for an awful drink, but it's just not as nice as the other two Ultra flavours. I'd say it's pretty close to Fanta Zero in taste, but it has that added bonus of waking you up a bit more. This isn't a fantastic drink, but it's nice enough.

My rating: 3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment