Sunday 10 January 2016

Today's Review: Tyrrell's Aberdeen Angus Beef & English Mustard Crisps


I was impressed with the last meaty themed Tyrrell's crisps I tried, so I thought I'd go for another one. I skipped over the roast chicken, because there was nothing interesting attached to them, but these beef crisps are paired with mustard, which sounded pretty tasty to me. The best thing is that these flavours are authentic, in the form of ground mustard and beef powder, sure, but the real things are in there, so they were promising to be pretty flavoursome.

The mustard is probably the most outstanding part of these crisps, and outstanding it is. There's not too much, just a solid, ever present flavour that provides a nice mellow heat that lingers on the tongue, pumping out an authentic mustard taste. Underneath there's a lovely, substantial beefy element, but it's not quite like chomping down on a joint of beef. It's more like a beef gravy experience, but it's a great flavour that works very well with the mustard. As I said, the mustard does dominate a little, it would have been nice to have a bit more meatiness, but as they stand these are some very nice beefy crisp with a good kick of heat, and the bag didn't last very long. Well done Tyrrell's, another great flavour.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Think I'll try these. Interested to see how they compare to the mighty Brannigans' Roast Beef & Mustard.

    ReplyDelete