Saturday 16 January 2016

Today's Review: Yushoi Sweet Chilli & Lemon Snapea Rice Sticks


There are quite a lot of interesting crisp products lining the shelves at the moment, and these looked like a nifty new addition. It's a range of sticks made from green peas and rice from Yushoi, that come in a few tasty sounding flavours. While I was tempted by the salt and szechuan pepper, my spicy senses were tingling and I reached for this sweet chilli and lemon variety.

The texture of these is pretty odd, at least at first. The sticks are quite soft, but they do have something of a crunch to them. I'd place them somewhere between a Wotsit and a Chipstick, and while I wasn't sure at first, by the end of the bag they'd grown on me. Not quite as satisfyingly crunchy as a potato chip, and they are a little greasy, but they are pretty good. The flavouring is very nice as well, the sweet chilli provides a nice, mild, long lasting heat, while the lemon adds equal parts sweetness and bitterness. I was expecting the flavour to be quite subdued as the sticks themselves are quite thick, but it holds up pretty well, and this was definitely a satisfying bag to get through. These are well worth trying out, and I'm sure I'll be going back for some of the other flavours soon.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment