Thursday 28 January 2016

Today's Review: Asda Blueberry Muffin Milk


Alongside the disappointing Frijj Strawberry Cheesecake shake I tried the other day, I found this interesting little offering from Asda. Now, I've never had a blueberry milkshake, let alone one that chucks a bit of muffin in as well. I was immediately reminded of Tesco's carrot cake and marmalade on toast yoghurts, and had some high hopes for this one. 

Blueberry is the first thing I picked up from this milk, which is no surprise as there's actual blueberry in it. It is a pretty authentic taste, although the natural tartness of the fruit is somewhat offset by the creaminess of the milk itself, but it's not a bad thing, blueberry and milk works pretty nicely together, and this is pretty refreshing. The muffin part is a little less developed, it's by no means a predominant part of the drink, though there is a little hint of something cake-like in the background. Perhaps it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but on the whole I did get a slight impression of blueberry muffin. Not quite as strong as I'd have hoped, but this is a nice, creamy, fruity, refreshing drink.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment