Monday 14 March 2016

Today's Review: Kit Kat Chunky Extra Chocolate


When the Kit Kat Chunky was first introduced, it was a fantastic twist on the original Kit Kat. It took the small and dainty wafer finger and loaded it with more chocolate, making for a filling and satisfying bar. But for some people that may not be enough. Maybe they want more chocolate. I admit that sometimes I've made my way through a Kit Kat Chunky and wished it would have more of the good stuff around the outside to sink my teeth into, and now my prayers have been answered. Here we have Kit Kat Chunkys with extra chocolate. According to that little badge on the right, the extra chocolate is for nibbling, but who wants to do that? I took a big old chunk out of the thing.



I realise my fingers are more in focus than the bar itself, but I think you can get the gist of the cross section there. There's a lot of chocolate, basically, especially above and below the wafer. It's definitely satisfying, a fantastic chocolate hit that is still backed up by the crunchiness of the wafer, but I feel it's a little bit "be careful what you wish for", there seems to be just a little too much chocolate in here. After all, the wafer is what separates the Kit Kat Chunky from any other chocolate bar, especially a Yorkie, and the amount of chocolate in this does overwhelm the wafer to quite a large degree. I can't be too mad though, I wanted more chocolate on a Kit Kat Chunky, and this delivers just that. If you like the ratios, stick with the original, but this is a nice addition to the range for those who want something different.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment