Saturday 26 March 2016

Today's Review: Nescafé Azera Latte To Go


My eyes were drawn to this pretty large box in my local Co-Op earlier in the week, and upon closer investigation I found it contained coffee. But not just any coffee, Coffee To Go. Yes, inside this box there are two right proper portable cups in which you can mix up a coffee to take out with you.


Just rip off that foil and you're greeted with a small helping of powdery stuff. Add some water up to the fill line, give it a stir, and pop on the lid that's also provided in the box, and there you have it:


Coffee to go, good innit? The lid even has a little open and close mechanism to stop you spilling the stuff all over yourself. Now, I know this seems like a gimmick, and while it's a neat idea I couldn't see how applicable it would be to my life, but I manage to get a cup of coffee in when I get to work most days, so maybe this is more for those with a busier schedule. It's pretty convenient if you need to get out of the house quickly, and the preparation is actually very quick and easy, but it all doesn't mean that much if it doesn't taste good, especially for the price. I got these on an introductory half price offer for about £2.10, so you'r looking at paying just under the price of a latte in a big chain coffee shop.

I must say, I was surprised by how good this was. I've had the instant lattes that you pour from a sachet, and while most are adequate, they don't beat a barista-made coffee. This one is really good though, it doesn't overdo it on the froth, and retains a nice milky flavour that's probably the closest I've come to a freshly made latte, and a nice hit of caffeine too (after all, that's what we're here for). The price may be a little on the high side, but it's still cheaper than popping into Starbucks or Coasta on the way to work, and you don't have to go out of your way as much to get it. This is a nifty little idea from Nescafé, a very tasty coffee that's quick and easy to prepare, and great for those moments when you need your caffeine on the go. I'll be buying more of these to have on standby for my busier days.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment