Thursday 26 May 2016

Today's Review: McDonald's Strawberry Cheesecake McFlurry


I thought I'd carry on the McDonald's theme today, I reviewed the burger yesterday, so now I'll review the dessert. The cheesecake McFlurry has been around since the beginning of the Great Tastes, but I hadn't picked one up until yesterday, which is odd, because I love me a piece of cheesecake. I guess I was just skeptical about how it would turn out, how good could it really be?

Basically this is the regular McFlurry ice cream, topped with strawberry sauce, biscuit crumble, and white chocolate cheesecake truffle pieces. That last one is a bit of a mouthful, why the chocolate and truffle? I guess they were trying to be fancy. Also, note I say "topped", and not "infused", because it's become apparent to me lately that McDonald's don't flurry their McFlurries (McFlurrys?) any more. Why, guys, why? The spoon is designed for sticking in that machine, and you want me me mix it up myself? 

Anyway, let's talk about how it tastes. I've got to say I was quite underwhelmed. The strawberry sauce is alright I guess, and the crumb is a pretty good addition, a little bit of crunch and a nice biscuit taste. But the cheesecake pieces were lost in the fray. I think for a cheesecake themed ice cream to work, the cheese needs to be infused into the ice cream itself, and here that just isn't the case. I picked up the odd hint of cheesecake-like flavouring here and there, but all the other times the plain old ice cream just got in the way. I guess springing for a whole new ice cream would have been a bit much, so I guess I don't know the answer here, more cheesecake pieces maybe? But what sounded like a great McFlurry just fell short. Put some better stuff in my ice cream next time guys, and mix it up while you're at it.

My rating: 2/5

2 comments:

  1. You're most definitely correct - they never mix up the McFlurrys anymore! I always ask & recieve a funny look for doing so, taste so much better mixed up via the Flurry machine though...
    Also agree with the burger - New York FTW!
    Keep up the reviews, always enjoy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Dyson Wash & Dry

    ReplyDelete